Are you missing the summer months? Are you a camper who dreams of the perfect s’more? Or are you a glamper like us who just loves the idea of a s’more? Either way these bumped up brownie s’mores are for you!
We love homemade brownies, but there is something about boxed brownies (specifically Ghirardelli’s) that really tickles our pickle. Of course, you can make your own brownies if you’re feeling especially Ina-centric that day, but boxed brownies are a perfectly perfect substitute. Amen.
- 1-8.8oz sleeve of Biscoff cookies (or 2 sleeves of Graham crackers if you’re a purist)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Box brownie mix (We use Ghirardelli’s, but whatever you like works)
- 1/4 cup of water (or coffee)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Half a bag of marshmallows
The Graham Cracker layer:
- Step 1: Put all the crackers into a large Ziploc bag. Get a rolling pin or whatever you have handy and crush up the cookies/crackers. Pour into a bowl.
- Step 2: Melt butter in the microwave, pour over cookie crumbs in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Mix!
- Step 3: Press the buttered crumbs into the bottle of a square Pyrex dish.
- Step 4: Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
The Chocolate Layer
- Step 1: Follow instructions on the brownies box: Mix water, oil, egg and brownie mix.
- Step 2: Pour brownie batter into the Pyrex, on top of the bottom layer.
- Step 3: Bake according the box’s instructions. Usually, 325 for about 40 minutes.
- Step 4: Turn off oven.
- TYL Tip: We LOVE Ghirardelli’s brownie mixes. The Dark Chocolate is great for people who like less sweet but still rich. If you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate, go with the Double Chocolate. If you’re nuts, go with the Walnut! And finally, if you like a gooey chocolate, totally go for the Chocolate Supreme. Clearly we’ve made a lot of brownies.
The Marshmallow Layer
- Step 1: Cut marshmallows in half and place on top of the baked brownie.
- Step 2: Place the brownies back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until the marshmallows start to puff up, but not brown.
- (OPTIONAL) Step 3: Before you are ready to serve these, turn the broiler on and put the brownies under until the marshmallows get a tan.
- TYL TIP: run your knife under hot water before cutting through so the marshmallow doesn’t stick as badly to the knife.
Like our recipes? Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe.
One thought on “S’more Brownies”
Can’t wait to try it!
LikeLiked by 1 person